Don't you just hate losing something?
It's no surprise that millions of items are lost every year. Here are some of the best facts about lost items:
1. The average person loses more than 3,000 possessions in their lifetime - including 384 pens, 192 items of clothing and 64 umbrellas.
2. A study of 2,000 adults found we will typically misplace four items a month with keys, mobile phones, pens and glasses the most common.
3. Two thirds of Brits describe themselves as the type to lose things 'regularly'
4. The average person forks out £4,480 over their lifetime replacing stuff they have lost.
5. Children will lose more than a 1,000 items throughout their school years
6. One in four careless people have even temporarily lost a car.
7. Key are the most lost adult possession
8. School Jumpers are the most lost child possession
9. The average person loses up to 9 items a day
10. We spend a total of 153 days a lifetime looking for lost items
11. 10,907 umbrellas were lost on the London Underground in 2014
12. Mobile phones are the most lost item on the tube.
13. A pair of breast implants were once left on the Circle Line on the Underground
14. Mums spend £1,589 on replacing lost items per child up to the age of 10
15. Over 4000 items are lost at Oktoberfest each year
16. The average person spends up to 6 minutes looking for lost items every day
17. Keys are the 3rd most lost item in Uber’s
18. Other items left in Uber’s include a wedding dress, a bullet proof vest and a smoke machine
19. Mobile phone charges were the most left behind item in Novotel hotels in 2010
20. 19 death certificates have been left on the New York Subway as of July 28th 2014
At Recover-Key, we can't help you find all these above mentioned items, but we can find your keys!